Tuesday 18 March 2014

Evaluation Q7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? 


I have learnt that planning and researching was vital for the process of creating the project. In my prelim task there was little planning that wasn't very in-depth. Whilst planning my final piece  I realized how detailed the planning had to be, from costumes to lighting and camera shots.
Another thing I have learnt is how to organize my timing for filming and editing. I had to film outside of school for my final piece in order to make it more realistic, and I had to organize when my cast would be free for filming as well as borrowing any equipment from the school; all of which were things I didn't need to do in the prelim task.

I have also learnt how difficult the editing was, especially sound editing. In my prelim task, the was very little sound editing, and we didn't focus on making it up to a decent quality. Changing the speed of the audio created a completely different effect on the sequence. Slowing the sound from an audio track, creates tension as it gives a sense of slow motion, disorientating the audience slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment